If you or someone you know is struggling with gambling addiction, there are resources available to help. Some options include:
- Seeking help from a therapist or counsellor who specializes in treating gambling addiction.
- Joining a support group, such as Gamblers Anonymous, which provides a community of individuals who understand and can support one another in recovery.
- Utilizing self-help resources, such as educational materials and online support groups, to learn about addiction and ways to overcome it.
- Using tools such as setting limits on amount of money and time spent on gambling,
It’s important to remember that it’s never too late to seek help and that recovery is possible.
Gamblers Anonymous also provides a helpline, which is available 24/7, for anyone seeking support or information about the program or gambling addiction. 087 748 5878 (10am-10pm).
In Ireland, there are a number of resources available to help individuals struggling with gambling addiction. Some options include:
- Gamblers Anonymous Ireland is a 12-step recovery program modelled after Alcoholics Anonymous. They offer meetings throughout the country where individuals can share their experiences, strength, and hope with one another.
- The National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) provides information and support to individuals who are affected by gambling addiction. They offer a helpline, counselling services, and support groups.
- The HSE (Health Service Executive) provide support for individuals struggling with addiction, including gambling addiction. They offer counseling services, therapy and rehabilitation centers.